I swear, its like being a mom of four is demanding or something... I just never seem to get back on here and post. GEEZ.
I am now officially a mom of four. WOW. That a little hard to type. I mean, I have FOUR children. How in the hell did that happen. Scratch that, I do know how that happened and its not going to happen again :) Not unless my body does some whacked out stuff and unties/regrows some tissue... At which point I'll be marching into the doctor's office that did my tubal and DEMANDING some sort of compensation for having to go through another pregnancy. Like enough compensation to pay for the kid from pre-birth through college, as well as something for the emotional turmoil that would put me through. I'm not quite sure that any doctor makes enough to cover that, and I'm just hoping it never comes to the point where I need to find out....
So, yeah, things are crazy hectic around here. Its not really the baby either, its taking care of the other three. And we decided that we would finally sign up The Diva for soccer and The Princess for ballet. Why did I think that it was a good idea to throw those into the mix with a newborn? No clue. I have always wanted them to do things like this, but why right after I gave birth? I assured myself that if it was too much for me to handle with practices and games and ballet class that The Mister would handle it. Not really how it working out though. Turns out that the soccer practice that I thought was only on Saturday, right before the game, is actually on Tuesday AND Thursday from 445pm to 6pm, totally not a time that The Mister can take her. And, it turns out that she does care if I'm at the game, and the other one cares if I'm watching her at ballet, so I've been hauling my tired arse out of bed on Saturday am to go to both. Oh yeah, I made sure that ballet class was on a Saturday, knowing that there would be times when I would be able to take her due to being the only source of nourishment for the new one... So, that's all been fun.
All in all, having four isn't really what I expected. The Little Guy is really a pretty easy baby. No colic (*totally knocking on wood*) and he nurses pretty well, so I'm not having to wash bottles all the time, or ever if I don't want. He's pretty happy most of the time and sleeps fairly well too. The Princess is handling it all very well too. Being 3 1/2 and the baby of the family, I was totally expecting her to have issues, but all in all, she loves him to pieces and is adjusting quite nicely. She is still refusing to completely potty train, but she'll get there. Its just not something I feel is worth stressing about. She won't be in diapers forever, my first two proved that, so its all good. The older two knew what to expect from a baby, so they're doing well with it all too. They all love to help, a little too much sometimes. And if I had a dollar for every time I've heard "But I didn't get to hold him today!", we'd be rich, filthy stinkin' rich...
So, I'm hoping that I'll be around on here more often. No promises of course, but Ima gonna try!
3 years ago
1 comment:
so glad you're back!
I've only had 4 for a week and its already hectic, so I totally feel ya!
Post a Comment